NYC Smoke-Free at Public Health Solutions, in partnership with the NYS Tobacco Control Program, applies hard-hitting media campaigns to shift the social norms regarding tobacco use. We have utilized various forms of media to educate and advocate for the reduction in tobacco retail and tobacco marketing, the expansion of smoke-free outdoor spaces, the availability of smoke-free housing, and the end of tobacco sales in pharmacies. Our ads have appeard on telephone kiosks, bus shelters, ferries and a myriad of print media throughout New York City. Over the past several years, we have launched a number of successful media campaigns to support our tobacco control and smoke-free policy initiatives.
NYC Smoke-Free's high-profile City Hall ad campaign is raising awareness for smoke-free housing.
- "Why Are Pharmacies Still Selling Tobacco?" Aims to educate New Yorkers on the benefits of tobacco-free pharmacies.
- "When One Person Smokes, The Whole Building Smokes" Aims to educate New Yorkers about the the benefits of smoke-free housing.
- "Tobacco Marketing Works" Aims to educate New Yorkers about the impact of point-of-sale tobacco marketing on youth.
- "Tobacco Marketing Works" Airms to educate New Yorkers about the impact of point-of-sale tobacco marketing on youth.
- “What’s in Store for our Kids?” Aims to educate New Yorkers about the prevalence and impact that tobacco products and point-of-sale marketing efforts have on youth smoking initiation.
- “She Saw Cigarette Butts by The SeaShore” Aims to educate New Yorkers about the benefits of tobacco free outdoor parks and beaches. The campaign raises awareness of the environmental impact of tobacco litter, dangers of secondhand smoke and influence on children when tobacco use is not restricted.
Stay up to date with the latest developments.